Oliver + S

Long Sleeves on Bodysuit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Bookwyrm @Bookwyrm

Would it be possible to use the sleeve pattern piece from the shirt (not the raglan jacket, obviously) on the bodysuit to make a long-sleeved garment? Would I be better off using the length from the shirt sleeve to determine how much length to add to the onesie sleeve freehand? (Of course, then I get into issues of ideal fullness for the sleeve . . . )

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would use the pattern piece from the shirt. I suspect they may be designed to be interchangeable but I could be wrong. I would check by comparing the sleeve heads, if they are the same then just substitute 🙂 If they are different you may want to draw a sleeve with the correct sleeve head at the top and the sleeves tapering to the long sleeve version at the bottom. I did something similar with the School Photo sleeve and Family Reunion dress.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I am a little late, but View A + B are the same. When tracing for View B there is a “cut here line” to make it the shirt instead of the bodysuit, so the sleeves are the same.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That’s even easier 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.