Oliver + S

Little Things Book

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • LINK
    janimal @janimal

I am SO excited for this book! My Amazon account says to expect shipping Mar 7th – Mar 11th.

I think the first thing I will sew is the sunhat. I think a little sew-a-long might be fun. I may go ahead and make a sundress now, and when I get the book, then sew a hat to match. Great excuse to go fabric shopping, eh?! And oooh that tutu looks divine. The ribbon tie just seems to add the perfect finishing detail to make it just that much nicer than other tutus. I have a daughter who LOVES her tutus so for those directions alone I would have to get this book.

Who else pre-ordered the book?!?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think you can count on receiving the book earlier than March 7. It’s in the publisher’s warehouse right now and will start shipping to stores on February 2. Chances are good that you’ll have it before the end of February, if not sooner.

I’m glad you like it! I’ve been so eager to show it off.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I decided to wait for the signed copies, but I’m very excited about it! I’m ready for fall and apple picking again every time I see that little hooded cape!

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

I’ll join in the amazon wait. I cancelled my pre-order the other day when my daughter rejected another clothing item I made her… then I reordered it after seeing the video! I figure it will be a good resource to have at home and it just looks really neat to thumb through. I do plan to make the messenger bag and puppet theater. The quilt design is cool – might need to try that one too

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I know Mel, I wish I had waited!

I would stand on my head and wiggle my toes for a signed copy! I am such a oliver+S groupie.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

I like to support the local fabric store so I’ll buy a copy from them as soon as they get it. Look it over, make the hat, etc. Then, I’m thinking I might buy a signed one as well and donate the other (gently used) to our library. They have really cut back their budget and don’t seem to be purchasing all the really good sewing books published recently. Win, win, no? 😉

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I am on the pre-order train! While I would *love* to support my local fabric shop on this one, I can’t wait.

Can. Not. Wait.

I am so excited to hear hopefully sometime in February. That is right around the corner!

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

Also, not that I can wait, but where are the signed copies available, is it on the O+S website?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Ooooh, that’s a lovely idea, Loralee!

I preordered mine from The Book Depository a couple on months ago – they do usually seem to get new releases out early so fingers crossed it will be here mid Feb!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We’ll have signed copies available on the website as soon as they arrive. I can’t wait, either!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Nicole, did you pre-order through Amazon? I think they let you cancel with no hassle. In fact, I think much of their activity is no hassle, that’s why my husband loves them.

Loralee, great idea! I may consider that as well. Both the libraries near us (we live smack in the middle of two counties so we pick and chose) have pitiful, and near non-existent, sewing collections.

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I am so excited and watched the trailer 3 times! Can’t wait to make the tutu, cape, sunhat…basically everything! Will it be faster to preorder from amazon or order a copy from the site (preferably signed)?

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

My mom was kind enough to preorder one for me for Christmas. I do hope they come in February, as I’d love to make the little cape to go with the flower girl dresses I’m working on. The wedding is April 8 and of course I have to get finished early enough to get them bride-approved. 🙂

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh, if you make little capes for weddings, can we please see?!?

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

But of course! I am thinking of wool with a silky lining? But I haven’t even seen the pattern so I guess I am getting ahead of myself! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.