Oliver + S

Lisette moto jacket accessory colours

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I went to post this on the Lisette forum but I see it is no more???

Anyway, as part of the many things on the to do list this school holidays, I want to finally sew the moto jacket for my eldest. She has chosen hot pink stretch denim which totally fits her personality and even though it definitely doesn’t fit within the colour scheme that seems to dictate moto jackets at the moment, it will be something that can be trans seasonal.

What I really require assistance with is choosing a suitable accent colour for the zipper and any other accessories that are required.

Because the metal zippers don’t come in hot pink you see, so even though even this would be hard to match, we have a choice of white, grey or black.

Any suggestions on what would be best?

Or would it be better to just use the beautiful burgundy suede I was saving for myself instead?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I reckon I could find you a hot pink zipper!
    Worth an enquiry to these guys http://www.lzf.com.au/ as they have a huge range and will cut to required length etc. I’ve used them for single zips before.
    (otherwise, my answer to your question would be black. White would be very 1980s and grey a bit reminiscent of a Galah :))

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

OMG! @lightningmcstitch we don’t want to ruffle any feathers 😂 God knows we have plenty of those winged pests here as it is! I was thinking black but I am going to have a look at the link you very thoughtfully provided and see if I can find a hot pink one. Thankyou so much😘 I am rather excited about the prospect of this jacket and hopefully it will be made before term starts again.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

If you have to choose between those three colors I’d say black; if she is to wear it with jeans grey might be more youthful?
    apropos of colored trim, planning as requested by dd a pistachio-green suedecloth big-collared moto jacket. (As she is tiny, she does not fit Lisette sizing yet — I will have to hack the School Days pattern most likely!) Getting chunky brass zippers with lavender tape from Wawak… oh to be able to order just the length one needs!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’d be inclined to go with either gold (or brass) or silver for the yardware. Here are a few examples that might help you choose:

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thankyou for those links @liesl. Metal teeth are a definite however the colour of the zipper tape is what is the concern. I like the look of the link featuring the pink moto (is that Gwen Staffani wearing it?) I am undecided as to brass or silver and was planning to Take a sample of fabric to audition with but because I have very limited brick and mortar resources, it makes things just a little difficult.

I will keep searching for inspiration I think, just to figure out the brass/ silver dilemma which is what it’s now turned into because I have made up my mind that the zipper tape itself has to be pink.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.