Oliver + S

Lining

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    laurac @laurac

Would it be easy to make this dress without a lining?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

In my humble opinion, no , laurac. The lining is not difficult to attach, the instructions for this pattern are outstanding. If one omitted the lining one would need to add facings, and though not impossible, if one is going to go to that bother with that step, a lining is just as simple.

I have nearly completed this dress using a quilting cotton and lining it with a cotton rich poplin, the lining gives the dress its lovely drape and body.

I can not praise this pattern enough, and already have many more planned to construct.

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

I’m getting ready to cut out this dress, but I’m questioning my choice of lining fabric. I’d like something with a silky finish so that it won’t cling to tights. Any suggestions?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have used a fabric called bemsilk in the past, it is not real silk , but was nicer than the ‘plasticy’ lining fabric.

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

Thanks Nicole, I’ll see what I can find locally this afternoon. I tend to over think these sorts of things 😉 It’s nice to get an expert opinion!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Absolutely ask in the stores, they are the experts and know their products.

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

Experts? You may be giving my local chain store employees too much credit 😉

LINK
    Anonymous @

ha ha ha, isewstuff – I sometimes wonder if the the employees in the chain store have ever sewn at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.