Oliver + S

lining fabric for Sandbox pants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    ldorval @ldorval

This is one of the first patterns I’ve ever done so the answer to this may be obvious…forgive me. I was reading over the pattern today and am a little confused about what fabric to use for the pocket lining. I bought fabric amounts suggested by the pattern but is the lining included in these amounts? Do I use the main fabric, trim fabric or something else?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I use the same fabric as the main for lining.

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

The lining is included in the fabric allowances. I sometimes use a different fabric for the linings and the waistband- especially if I’m using a main fabric that is on the thick side- like thick denim or thick corduroy.

If this is your first time to use it- make sure you only cut one waistband- the information is in the errata.

https://oliverands.com/patterns/pants/errata/patterns2.phtml#print

Have fun- this is one of my all time favorites.

LINK
    ldorval @ldorval

Perfect, just what I needed to know. I’m using corduroy so I guess I’ll use something lighter/contrasting for the lining. Thanks for the errata, important information to know! Looking forward to trying this as my girls don’t like buttons snaps or jeans all that much. Hoping these will be comfy pants that don’t look too much like sweatpants when I’m done.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

corduroy is great to use with this pattern. I’ve made dozens in corduroy for my son and used a contrasting print for the pocket linings – to go with a sketchbook shirt to make a set. My daughter isn’t a jeans kinda kid either but I made sandbox pants in her size using pink corduroy and she loved them until they were ruined.

Another ideal pattern would be the new afterschool top and trousers – especially for girls and you can make them “look” like jeans that are far more comfortable for little bodies.

LINK
    ldorval @ldorval

I”ll checkout the afterschool top and trousers…just have to get through this one first…thanks for the advice!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.