Oliver + S

Lining a Class Picnic Blouse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Florabell @Florabell

I am so excited to have finished my 2nd sewing project, a cute class picnic blouse! I have picked up more material & can’t wait to start another! However, I chose lawn material (I simply couldn’t resist it). Since I live in the pacific northwest, I think it would be best to line at least the skirt portion of the top. My only problem…I am a novice & have no idea how to accomplish this. Does anyone know of a good tutorial online that might be of help? Thanks!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Maybe check out Nicole’s tutorial for lining the Ice Cream blouse. I know it is a different top but there maybe something of use.

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/ice-cream-with-some-body.html

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I’ve made a bunch of these blouses, and I think that if I were going to line it, I would cut a second front and back as a lining, sew up/finish the side seams, and then treat it as one with the outer layer when attaching it to the yoke and sleeves. Does that make sense? The inner and outer layers would be independent at the sides and hem, but united at the sleeves and yoke.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I would cut a second front and back in your lining fabric, sew them the same as the main. Then treat them as one when you attach to the yoke.

I love to make this top in flannel for the winter, especially pretty floral ones. It’s roomy enough to put a turtle neck underneath for the coldest days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.