Oliver + S

Liesl's new patterns for grown ups

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Way to go Tamara! Keep up the great work!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Much more rewarding to track weight loss in pounds rather than kilos! Will look at some silk this weekend for an everyday blouse.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Sharon, pretty easy once you get the hang of it and I agree Robin, much more rewarding to see it in pounds. If I were a politician I would move we go back to imperial measurements hehe!

Yes it is either the skirt of the top I am thinking. Will have to toss a coin.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Fantastic, Tamara! It’s such hard work. I caught a cold around halloween and totally fell off the wagon, but I’m back on again. It’s for the long haul this time, not just between babies, and the older we get the harder I think it is to maintain a healthy weight. I figure if I don’t do it now, it will really get hard. This year I have fortunately not had the health issues I’ve had the previous years since she was born. Hopefully, I can keep it off for good this time. Scratch that, I WILL keep it off for good.

I still haven’t actually tried the skirt yet! I am sewing like a fiend right now on other projects, but maybe I can squeeze one in before thanksgiving? I am now lusting over that navy and red dot wool challis that Liesl featured in the blog post about fabrics. The one from B and J. I haven’t worked out what I’d wear it with, which is always the trouble when I sew something for me that isn’t a sundress. I might just order it this weekend if the scale goes down again…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

This is for the long haul but only after I have had a successful third pregnancy. I want to lose a bit more before phase two of the plan can kick in and after that it will be a long haul process. I watched a documentary the other night on fasting and food intake. It was very interesting but I don’t think I could muster the longevity of it. I will just stick with what is working right now and go from there. It is an individual thing I think and if you tried keeping up with the latest scientific research you’d run yourself ragged!

I weigh in once a week and measure monthly to get an accurate assessment. Hopefully your scales will behave. I truly detest mine as they are the most indecisive piece of equipment I own!

And sew the skirt! I’d love to see it. I have no clue what fabric to use for the skirt that currently coexists in my stash. It might be an excuse to order something!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.