Oliver + S

Lengthening the Sunday Brunch Jacket

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi, I need to lengthen the Sunday Brunch jacket in size 18-24M to size 4. I will probably add 3 inches to the length (as I made her a tea party 18-24 and added 4 inches and it fits beautifully). Do you think it would be OK to add it all to the skirt part of the jacket? or would it be better to add an inch to be bottom of the bodice piece and 2 to the skirt part? would the second option interfere with the sleeves?

Do I need to add the same amount to the arms? maybe I need to measure her arms and check. (I nearly forgot about the arms.)

thanks

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

There is a significant cuff on the arms. If you want to keep it (it’s so lovely) then you should probably add an inch or so. I don’t think I’d add the entire 3-4 inches – or if you do, then I’d double check before doing the final hemming. As for the jacket, when I added length to my daughter’s I added to the skirt and the facings. If I remember right the facings are straight across the bottom so there should be no issue with simply adding the same inches to them. Hope this helps.

Melani

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

If you mean you want to make this for a very skinny 4 year old, definitely lengthen both the bodice and the skirt. Otherwise, the proportions will be strange.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks for the advice. Meleliza, she is a very tall skinny just 3 year old, but is in the height range of size 4 (and width of a 28-24m) and given how fast they grow upwards, I don’t want her to grow out of it too soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.