Oliver + S

Length of bias pattern piece for size 2T bloomers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Okay so I can’t tell if my pattern is a revised version where the bias for the bloomers is the right size or not. My bias piece for the 2T bloomers is 14 inches along one long side – should I cut it down an inch an a half or not? Looking at the errata it is meant to measure 12 1/8 inch when finished – so if I take off an inch for seam allowance this makes it 13 inches, but if I took an inch and a half off it it would be way less than 12 1/8…

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I read in another thread that you can tell what revision of the pattern you have on the pattern sheet. There is a square with some company info in it with a number series in it. If it ends in 1 you have the first revision, otherwise you have the 2nd, 3rd etc.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Thanks Lattemama – I saw that but for some reason it looks like this pattern doesn’t have the numbers in the copyright box – I can see what they are from another O&S pattern but they are absent on this one – strange. I’m hoping someone else with that pattern who has made the bloomers has some inside information!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I have both sizes and I don’t see numbers in the copyright box for either.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

oh thanks so much for looking – I have just cut the full piece without shortening for the moment and will play around with it at the end. I’ll post the results in case anyone else is wondering!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Hi Toyota!

How did you get on? Just about to do this.

x

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I found that when I made the shorts for my girl that I couldn’t do any gathering. The bias fit around perfectly…on each of the three pairs I made her! Maybe I should have sewn the bias differently? They still look great though and we get compliments when she wears them.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you are not sure, I would gather a little then cut the bias to fit

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hi guys – I have been away for a week and just back today! Unfortunately I had just cut all my fabric out and had to go on holiday – sigh 🙂

Maraya I think if you didn’t have to gather maybe that meant in your version of the pattern the bias was longer than intended. On Flikr in looks like a lot of the shorts don’t have much of a gather (they still look great though!). If you have the pattern handy I’d love to know how long the size 2T shorts bias trim piece is – if mine is the same as yours I’m guessing I should shorten it if I want gathers.

In any event I think I’ll go with Nicole’s advice – not cut it until the end and if there are no gathers I know I should take 1.5 inches off. Can you tell I hate straying from a recipe?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Please don’t take my advice ! I completely goofed on the School Days question, have well and truly hung up my “Aunty” hat.

How was the holiday? Hopefully somewhere warm !

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh no – I had exactly the same thought as you – I was sure there was a comment about it in the pattern! I am sure you have sewn more than most of us on the forum (in the last few months alone!!) and your advice is very useful.

No – we went somewhere VERY cold actually!! We had a week up at Mount Hotham with a few other families enjoying the snow. I am from Perth originally so snow is still very exciting to me. It snowed most of the week but finally came good with a lovely sunny day yesterday where I could actually see where I was skiing – which is always nice!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh, wow ! I have never seen the snow and I really want to !

That sounds fabulous and a very good sort of cold place

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

From point to point on the bias trim piece, mine is 16.5 inches.

Getting this back out makes me wish I had gotten to the top before the weather started cooling. Have either of you ever added a little length to these sleeves! Maybe I could do a 3/4 for fall?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/4939671844/

This may help Mel ?

( Can’t help myself , have to poke my nose in ! )

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Not butting in at all! I was asking you as well. Thanks so much for this!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.