Oliver + S

just a note: it works without the back opening!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I made a 2+2 blouse with some vintage fabric, a pretty floral-print eyelet. There was not enough fabric width-wise to have the eyelet run in the same direction front and back; after some fiddling it occurred to me to see if I could eliminate the back opening and cut the back out as one piece, and just make the front slit/neckline a little bigger to go over dd’s head. It totally worked! I added about 1 1/2 inches for a size 6, which was perfect and not too low/breezy…
    2+2

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, I think it’s fine for older kids. You might need the buttons for smaller kids. It’s a proportion thing; little kids have much larger heads compared to their overall body size. It can be quite a challenge when I’m developing patterns!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes, Liesl is correct, no-go on my huge headed bebe`s 🙂

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Yes, the caveat being that it’s a size 6! I forgot to add that I also cut the neck opening just a bit wider — on the sewing line vs the cutting line, both front and back. It was worth it because there’s no more of this fabric… pretty sure it’s from when i was in high school or early college 27 years ago or so!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.