Oliver + S

Is the travel quilt an entry-level quilt?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Hi all,

I’ve been sewing for a long time, but I’ve never made a quilt before. I’m wondering if any of you quilters here thinks this would be a good first quilt. Do I really need a walking foot to sew it by machine? Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Noodles @Noodles

The quilt would be fine for a beginner quilt. There isn’t too many pieces and they’re all rectangles and straight edges etc. As for the quilting, well, you don’t NEED a walking foot, but it can be quite difficult without one at times. Moving the bulk under the presser foot is difficult because of the bulk, and the walking foot helps ensure all your layers go through together. Having said that, the picture looks like the quilting is fairly straight so should be fine on your machine. If in doubt you could always get it quilted for you. A small quilt like that with simple quilting design wouldn’t cost much either. Hope this helps

Melissa

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the info. I think I’ll try it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.