Site icon Oliver + S

Is the stuff I sew crappy?

Sorry.. The topic title is deceiving.

I just wanted to put out a big thank you to the Oliver and s and people on Flickr I follow through finding them via o&s.

I started sewing about 2.5 years ago and made some great crap. It was ugly, poor patterns and my fabric stunk.

Since then, I have a beautiful stash of patterns and a wonderful stash of fabric.

I still catch myself looking at my kids while they run around playing in the clothes that I make for them, wondering if other mothers are feeling sorry for my kids because their mom likes to sew and I force them to wear the crap I make. Im always eyeballing the items wondering if they look "as good as" store bought stuff.

We'll, maybe it is my biased eye... But I think they look better than in store bought junk.

I recently bought my daughter a dress for a daddy daughter dance and as she was leaving to go to the dance, I thought... What a piece of junk that itchy dress was. I don't even want to wash it for fear of it being ruined.

I have multiple friends whose kids ask me for Jammie's for Christmas instead of toys because they only wear the Jammie's I sew them (hopscotch dresses and sleep over pjs)

So what I'm saying is that because I found this community.. My kids don't run around looking like ragamuffins in ugly crap I sew... Instead I sew things that make me proud.

I appreciate that you all blog and post your photos.. No matter how simple the items may be.... A good tee shirt is used way more than a fancy dress!

And o&s... Please keep taking my money on new patterns... They are fab!

Ps I'm still looking for a great girls tunic that can be used as a swim suit cover up... Hint hint.

Exit mobile version