Oliver + S

Is it too soon to talk about Easter?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I was thinking maybe making the coat in a pink light weight corduroy for Sarah’s coat. I might just smock it still, I sure she’ll love wearing it as all her smocked dresses are her very favorite dress up clothes. I think it would look so cute on your little girl.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do love seeing all your Easter dresses.

Easter here is camping or staying at our beach cottage. (And usually requires jumpers)

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

G has an angel sleeve bishop in an aqua liberty capel print that Mom finished too late in the season to wear last year. I’m crossing my fingers it will still fit for easter this year. I have enough fabric to make a belt to wear with it to give it more of a big girl style (pinterest inspiration). That means I’ll be making something only for my son to wear. I’m leaning towards a pretty cream or aqua linen mandarin collar shirt and a pair of longish shorts of some sort. But, I’m kinda dying to try a bow-tie on him this summer…so we shall see.

We will be having our second annual easter egg hunt with friends at our house, though. It is a very casual affair, but I’ll make the kids something new to wear for that too. What a tease about the new patterns!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

The beach for Easter sound like a fun, Nicole! But then, I could go to the beach any time. I even love the beach in winter when no one is there. I have an inner beach bum that could be let loose at a moments notice! I dream of having our own beach house, but that’s a long way off, if ever.

For us Catholics, Easter is a time for new finery. Last year, Martha Pullen even wrote an article in her magazine about the celebration of new life as a solid reason for new clothes. I’m not sure that’s exactly how the Pope would see it, but it was a good enough argument for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ When I was a little girl, my grandmother would even find me hats and little white gloves. I loved it!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We always got something new at Easter also. It could be just a tradition that people do and lots of people tend to do it. My mum always used to say she would get a new dress at Easter time complete with hat and gloves – but then everyone wore hats and gloves fifty odd years ago.

So mid to late March is just a heartbeat away. I can wait around for that but would also love to know if there is one for boys too. Depending on what they are and if they have full approval from the girl, I may be fast tracking them into the wardrobe. If not then I guess it will be the Fairytale dress again.

I am really unsure as to how formal I will go. It all depends on where we are for Easter – more formal I think if we were in the city at my parents but that again is dependant on other events in the family calendar.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh Easter. What shall I make? Now I must think hard. A soft pink voile family reunion? Well, that’s one way to kick start my sew-jo!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

We love our little beach cottage Melanie and we actually do use it more in winter. It has a potbelly fire and is very cozy.

You would flip over the tiny little weatherboard church we attend Easter Mass at. It is so quaint and rocks from the sea wind.

LINK

It’s such a lovely place Nicole! I would love to visit myself. : )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you ever come to Australia you are most welcome Sharon.

Its tiny but ‘bigger then a caravan’ (which is our comeback) and has a shower, lavvy and washing machine!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’ve ordered some pink pique for an Easter coat and some pink batiste for the dress. Martha Pullen has a sale on right now and I might have picked up some Liberty as well. because you know, I need more fabric in my stash. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I still haven’t decided on the pattern yet! I’m leaning towards Bishop. There’s a limit to the age in which that looks sweet. But, they can be silly full too so I’m not sure. I would also like the coat to be worn for more than just Easter too. I think I’m off to look up vintage patterns on Etsy. It’s really hard to find a sweet classic girls dress coat! (Hint) Let me know if I should wait a little before I buy coat patterns, won’t you, Liesl? ๐Ÿ˜‰

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, that vintage pattern is gorgeous!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Frances Suzanne just used (and modified) this coat pattern for their Project Run And Play look. http://www.chadwickheirlooms.com/products/coat-bonnet-355

Check it out! http://francessuzanne.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/black-ice-guardian-snow-angel-pr-winter.html

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

You know you’ve been spending too much time with Sew Beautiful magazine when you fall asleep thinking, oooo, Puppet Show would look nice with some lace insertion….

Thanks for that link, Heidi! That coat may be just the trick. I’m adding that pattern to my consideration.

LINK

It really would meleliza! I need to buy the next size up in this pattern for Sarah this spring. Love the vintage pattern too!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.