Oliver + S

International Quilt Festival in Houston

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Adrienne @Adrienne

Maybe it’s a little too early to ask this, but is anyone planning on going to the International Quilt Festival (Houston, TX) in November?

Liesl, are you planning on having a booth this year? ; )

My parents live in Houston and I was trying to plan our next visit. I have never been to one, but always see such beautiful pictures posted. I’ve decided that I want to see one in person and would love to get to see the O+S booth! So, I figured…..if we were going to visit anyway…..why not try to get creative in my planning!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Adrienne and anyone else thinking about the show, Quilt Market is a trade show, meaning that you need to be a retailer with credentials in order to attend. I know it looks glamorous from the photos, but it’s really just another industry show like any other trade show. Rae talked about this after she attended last spring:

http://www.made-by-rae.com/2012/05/10-best-things-at-quilt-market-spring-2012/

However, if you DO meet the requirements and want to go, I will be there but will not be exhibiting this time. (We needed a break!) So watch for me on the floor. We’ll be back with a booth next spring in Portland.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I think Liesl mis-read the question.

In Houston every year, there is Quilt Market, which is the industry trade show open only to credentialed retailers, and then immediately following there is Quilt Festival which is a retail show open to anyone.

We only exhibit at Quilt Market. We never do Quilt Festival. But, like Liesl said, we’re not exhibiting at Quilt Market this fall.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, sorry! Multi-tasking this morning…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.