Oliver + S

inserting the zipper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Susan @susan

I think there was a tutorial for this but I missed it. I found the instructions very confusing. why did we use a zipper that was longer than what was needed to begin with? I was just confused the entire time. I know there were some posts about this pattern, but how do I find them? thanks.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Susan,
    If you ever want to find something relating to a particular pattern then the easiest way is to go via the “shop”. Click on the pattern you’re interested in, and you’ll find tabs that will take you to forum discussions, blog posts, or sewn up examples of that pattern.
    Here’s the sew along which I found via the blog posts tab in the Extra Sharp Pencil Skirt pattern listing

extra-sharp pencil skirt sew-along

I guess the extra zipper length is so that many sizes can use roughly the same length zipper. You want the lower zipper end point to be at a spot where it won’t give a sticky-out bubble, but you can’t get zippers in perfect custom lengths. Using one that is “at least as long as required” works perfectly, and a little bit of extra length tacked down to your seam allowances is fine.
    Enjoy the sew, I’m sure you’ll love your skirt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.