Oliver + S

In between sizes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    thesimpson5 @thesimpson5

I’m getting ready to make my first SoHo skirt. I measure a 6 for the waist and a 4 for the hips. What’s the best way to make this adjustment? After looking at the front pattern piece, I’m thinking maybe grade from a 6 at the waist to a 4 along the pocket edge line. Anyone else made this adjustment with some advice to offer? Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi @thesimpson5 I think you are on the right track. Even though I have always had the opposite issue of having to go out a size over going in a size. The method is just the same, gradually take the line into the 4 from the waist. Although, because it is a pleated style there will be volume when sitting etc as part of the design, you could try just going with the 6 all the way down to check if you really need to take it in.

I would be more inclined to do this adjustment on something like the wrap skirt but of course this is your garment.

So, do what you suggest, you are on the right track and if you find that it doesn’t turn out the way you thought, just go with the 6 all the way through.

Hope this helps.
    Tamara

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.