Oliver + S

how many pieces of paper?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    indigotiger @indigotiger

I have never used a digital download pattern, but really like the looks of the Cinema Dress. Can anyone tell me how many pages it takes to print out? I mean once you buy the pattern you then need to print out a lot of pages and tape them together, to make an adult size pattern, right? It would be helpful to know how many, to make sure there is enough ink in the printer ahead of time…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi there!

It looks like pages 1 – 16 and the cover and instructions, page 17 is the cutting layout, 18 – 69 are the pattern pieces, 70 – 74 are the button templates, and 75 is the single big pattern sheet, if you don’t feel like taping.

You can do it at a big-box print shop like Kinko’s or Staples for around $8, or more cheaply at the kind of print shop architects use (that do blueprints) — I pay around $5, I think Sandi (was it you, Sandi?) holds the record for having found the cheapest prints at around $2. If you live in a rural or smaller urban area that has no copy shops, it might be quicker to print at home.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=philadelphia+reprographics

Just put in the name of your city instead of Philadelphia to pull up a list 🙂

LINK
    indigotiger @indigotiger

thank you Sarvi! I think I will look for a shop that prints out large copies, as taping together over fifty sheets of printout sounds like not much fun, plus it will mean I need to buy another ink cartridge! A big blueprint style single page would be a lot easier to deal with…

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think this requires a lot of ink. It’s not like printing text, or worse photos, where the whole page is covered in ink.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good point.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I agree, I also feel weirdly important having the big rolls. “I am on very official sewing business, out of my way.”

Robin has a good point, though, and also, not every page needs to be taped to every other page. Depending on what you’re making and in which size, you also might not need to print every one of the pattern pages.

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

Wow, that is a lot of pages! I don’t mind the cutting and pasting. It is the printing and the high probability of my printer malfunctioning that casts a dark shadow PDF sewing projects.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.