Oliver + S

How do I adjust for broad shoulders?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    npultorak @npultorak

I guess my granddaughter is a future linebacker! I just finished the new school dress pattern and it’s adorable. However, (she had this problem with the playdate dress also) if I measure and make the correct size based on her chest and waist, she has a very hard time getting her arms in the sleeves. If I make a larger size it seems too big everywhere else. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the pattern for this? Thanks in advance!

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

How is it once she gets the garment on? Is it still too narrow? I thought the same thing about the narrow bodice fit, until I realized that a couple of the tailored designs require a bit of Mom’s help to get off and on. We finally mastered it this morning – holding both arms up, going through the sleeves first then down over the head (this was with the Jumprope dress, but we’ve needed to do it with the sailboat top as well). My SweetPea had a smile on her face and said, “that went perfect this time, Mama!”

She has plenty of room once its on as I had her cross her arms and stretch her shoulders just to make sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.