Oliver + S

hmmm….confused, image mix up?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

I am reading all of the instructions for this pattern and on page 2 in the second column under “Attach the Front and Back Shirt to the Yoke” I am confused by the first drawing under step one. The directions say to pin the shirt front and the yoke right sides together and in the drawing it looks as if the shirt front right side and the yoke wrong side are together. Is this just a misunderstanding on my part? I am planning to make this for my cousin’s 2.5 year old in size 3 and I am thinking about using a solid yoke with a print fabric and some buttons harvested from Munki Munki pjs. I can’t wait to make this pattern for the cooler weather.

Emily

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I can see where that illustration could be confusing. The right side of the yoke is, indeed, sewn to the right side of the shirt. What you’re seeing there is the facing side of the yoke, which is also the right side of the fabric. So it’s the inside of the yoke, but it’s still the right side of the fabric. Does that make sense?

LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

Thanks, I think that makes sense… I haven’t been able to sew this top yet even though I’ve had the pieces cut out for about three weeks now, a Thanksgiving dress turned out to be the more time sensitive project.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.