Site icon Oliver + S

Help with Fairy Tale Sizing and Muslin Fitting!

Hi again, I'm finally ready to embark on the Fairy Tale Dress, View A (after flirting with trying a hybrid of View A and B). I have a skinny minny 7.5 year old -- but average height. Does someone mind checking my understanding of the fittings involved with sizing for this dress?

If I were making any other Oliver and S dress I would just make her size 8 so it would last into summer and fall. BUT, for this dress, if I want it to fit, I know I need to do a combination of sizings. HEre are her measurements:

Chest: 22 3/8

Waist: 21.5

Hip: 23.5

Can I get away with just doing size 6 for bodice and armhole binding, size 7 for skirt and waist -- she doesn't like her clothing very tight. Furthermore,I could also do size 7 for skirt and waist, but then I could add the size 8 extra length, if I need the length? Am I understanding the logic of figuring out fitting for this dress?

Finally, should I bother to make a size 6 muslin for bodice or am I safe because of my measurements ... ?

Thanks everyone in advance for your wisdom!!! I couldn't improve on my sewing without all this tech support! Purl

Exit mobile version