Oliver + S

help me find this fabric?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I love this print. Does anyone happen to know where it comes from? I suppose I could ask the folks at McCall, but I thought I’d ask here first:

https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7462

LINK
    Tineke @Tineke

I’ve a tiny piece of this fabric (20 cm). It is a knit fabric, two layers quilted together. Really beautiful.
    My local fabric store has find this at Montréal (Canada)
    in a box of designer remnants at an warehouse. She don’t know the precise name. I would love to find more …
    Try for C&M textiles or Telio, in Montréal

Sorry that I can’t help more.

Tineke

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks, @Tineke! That’s a great start. I appreciate your help and I’ll let you know if I locate it.

LINK

I contacted McCall’s customer service https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7462. This is their reply: “Thank you for your email concerning McCall/Butterick/Vogue/Kwik Sew Patterns. Whenever possible we try to provide our home sewers with the information they desire. This is from TELIO: Quilt Illusions (35855-01 Black/Multi). Michael Levine Inc. (lowpricefabric.com)
    Fabricana Imports (askus@fabricana.com).

Hope this answers your question.

LINK
    Tineke @Tineke

Thank you Teresa !

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Liesl, Fabricana is in my neck of the woods. I can check out the one in Coquitlam and Richmond if you would like.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, this is amazing! Thank you so much, @timpson! @Robin, if you have a chance to look for it, I’m very interested in it. I’ve been told it’s a knit, but it doesn’t really look like it in the photo, does it?

LINK
    clt3 @clt3

Fabric.com carries a lot of that particular brand.

LINK

You are most welcome, Liesl! Hope you locate it and sew up a storm!

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Hi, Liesl
    I found the Quilt Illusions black floral double knit at:
    harts fabrics.com
    Cheers, Marlene

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, and Michael Levine is in my neck of the woods. I’ll have a peek next time I’m there.

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Liesl,
    The floral at Harts Fabrics is not the one on the McCalls pattern – sorry!
    Marlene

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for checking, @nanamar! @Robin went and found it for me yesterday, but it was printed on a quilted poly knit that sounded not very nice. Too bad! It’s a stunning floral. I was wanting to make a dress with it. xo

LINK
    clt3 @clt3

Liesl – There’s a member over at Patternreview.com that has samples of the Telio knits and she feels they are actually quite nice:
    Telio knits at fabric.com

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks, @clt3! It’s the quilting that’s throwing me off. I wanted something drapey-ish for a dress. But I’m still thinking that it must be available in another substrate someplace, because the original outfit doesn’t appear to be quilted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.