Oliver + S

Help me choose a pattern for this fabric

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    EmilyG @EmilyG

I bought two yards this fabric to get free shipping and now I have no idea what to make with it. My daughter loves it. So for once it is safe to say that she will wear it.

Fabric is Palos Verdes Voile La Venta

Here is a link to what it looks like: https://www.fabric.com/buy/0329344/palos-verdes-organic-voile-la-venta-green-grey

We have about a month of summer left here so in my ideal pattern choice, it would be something that she could wear long sleeves under and wear it into the fall.

So, what pattern would you use to make something for a five year old girl?

LINK
    Robin @Robin

The apple picking dress is lovely in voile.

LINK
    EmilyG @EmilyG

That’s brilliant! I have that pattern and have never made it.

Have you lined it when done out of voile?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

With this fabric it has to be lined but it shouldn’t be a problem at all. I have made myself a dress and top and my daughter a dress out of this line of fabric. It’s so dreamy! and if it’s lined it should carry over into fall as well.

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

What about a music box jumper done in a tunic length? I would use a solid, lightweight fabric for the bodice lining. Could look cute with a white collared blouse underneath and jeans.

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

I also think the croquet dress as a top would be cute, and a fast sew. Or even as a dress. She could extend the life of it by wearing it with leggings.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

School photo dress!

LINK
    harrisinaus @harrisinaus

Trench Coat or school days jacket!? I have seen someone who had their girl wearing the trench coat pattern with leggings as dress, and then it is also a jacket for the cooler days. I think it would look great in that fabric, and line it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh, its lovely!

Pin wheel dress is my vote!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.