Oliver + S

Have you guys seen this?!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I just read Liesl’s latest blog post about the fabrics from Little Things To Sew that are available via Spoonflower!!

Hop over and have a look. It’s awesome! I really need the dots and that yellow fabric used for the Bento Box Carrier. So beautiful.

How miffed am I that I just blew my entire half-year budget on fabric and now we get this?! Gah!

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I love the dots and want to make that exact same collection of bucket hats that is in the book! I also love Spoonflower in general. I could spent hours just browsing on there.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

How timely! I was just looking at the travel quilt fabric guide in Little Things to Sew and it said Spoonflower was a source for some of the ‘overlapped’ fabrics. Since I might try my hand at this quilt, I’m hoping that those are in the Spoonflower collection.

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

Has anyone ever ordered from Spoonflower and if so how did you like the fabrics in person? I love the fabrics in the Little Things book – especially the crayon pattern used in the art smock and the brown dots used for the play town. I guess I just haven’t been able to bring myself to pull the trigger yet at $18 a yard. I know we are paying a premium since they are printing to order but I guess I’m just not used to seeing those price ranges for most cottons.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I have yet to do a Spoonflower order but I did get a sample book a few weeks ago.

You can order a sample book of the different fabric types from them for $1 – in my opinion, the cotton sateen is the best one to get, but it’s more expensive than the quilting cotton. The prices don’t seem so scary to those of us in Australia – ‘name-brand’ quilting cotton usually costs AU$26-$28m!

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I ordered a yard of the art smock fabric and I will let you know what it is like when it arrives.

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

Justmejay – I think I will take your advice and get a sample book of their fabrics. Thanks for the tip! I didn’t realize how much Australian sewists pay for their fabrics! It seems that I am spoiled – I just got some Amy Butler quilting cotton on sale for $5.40 and $7.50 a yard and Anna Maria Horner voiles for $9.00. (This was at QuiltHome.com).

kmac0107 – I can’t wait to hear how you like the art smock fabric. That is my favorite one of the bunch.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Heather Ross has some super cute fabrics she recently put on Spoonflower for a limited time. Check those out, as well. 😉

LINK
    freyiris @freyiris

I was wondering if these fabrics will have a limited availablity period similar to the Heather Ross fabrics which are released for a set period? Her current fabric selection is only available until the end of March, so I’d better get moving and I’m sure some of the little things fabrics will maake their way into my cart.

And I recommend the sateen as well. It costs more however it is quite a bit wider at 56″ vs 42″ for the quilting cotton.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

My Spoonflower fabric arrived today for the art smock for my granddaughter. My daughter saw the photo in the book and loved it. You can choose different weights of fabric in this design. I’m not sure which weight of fabric is used in the little things to sew book, but I went with quilting weight. It feels very nice. It takes a while to receive the fabric and they tell you that when you place your order.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.