Oliver + S

Happy New Year 2013/2014!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I hope everyone’s 2013 was wonderful, and that you’re looking forward to an even better 2014. Anyone have any exciting plans? Do you have any traditions, like eating grapes at midnight or looking for your new year kiss? Will you be traveling or going to parties?

I’m working on an epic Blurb book (a print-on-demand self-published book from one of those companies that will print and bind your photos and text for you) of all 2013. It’s an amazing recapping process, first collecting all the photos and then stages of winnowing to find the photos that do the best job of telling the story of our life, before adding recipes, stories about the photos, and cute quotes from my toddler. We’ve got a nice bottle of sparkling wine for the grownups and hot cocoa for the kid and we’ll spend the night at home with a simple, ordinary supper, doing simple, ordinary things — straightening up the house, painting, taking down the ornaments from the tree.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Our Biggies had a New Years Eve party and I think we may make a tradition of that. They had a lot of fun and so did Jed and I.

Happy New Years, sweet sewing friends!

~Nicole~

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

We had a party with just our family and then went to bed early. Perfect! : )

Happy New Year friends!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

No party animals here! I couldnt stay awake to see midnight in.

Happy new year to everyone.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Hubby just had to cut up a couple of trees on our lot so, it seemed a good excuse to have a first ever NYE party here. There were lots of kids, dogs, food, and a BIG bonfire. To stay off the roads and be safe the majority of our guests crashed here in a little “tent city” in our back lot. The children were all so excited and surprisingly well behaved! We had a big brunch this morning. The last folks just left 24hrs later. Time to curl up for a little football on the couch and a nap!

Wishing everyone the best in 2014! Dreaming of my next sewing project already!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Happy New Year to all!

I hope everyone is safe and well.

My sewing goals for the New Year are to sew more thoughtfully (do we really need it)? and focus on finishing and fabric choices.

I also plan to downsize my stash. I am frequently given bags of fabric and patterns from ladies that no longer sew, which is lovely, but I think I need to cull quite a bit of stuff.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Happy New Year!
    I had a lovely night with friends. We went into the city to watch the 9pm fireworks. I love living in a small city, the traffic was still very manageable immediately after the fireworks finished. 🙂
    Nicole, if you really are getting rid of fabric I’ll put my hand up for some 🙂 Let me know and I can pay postage.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@Heidi, one of my sisters has a cottage at Egg&Bacon Bay, I will try and fill her boot next time she is over.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That would be amazing! And she lives quite close to us 🙂
    Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.