Oliver + S

Grown-up version?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Anybody seen something like an adult sized School Photo?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Someone might suggest the Coco dress by Tilly and the buttons with the funnel neck option. If they do, don’t listen, I think it’s pretty poorly drafted.
    There must be a vintage Vogue pattern that’s similar surely….
    If you find it I’ll have a dress just like your daughter’s please. 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hehe, that’s exactly why I ask, somebody requested one!If I could afford it I’d buy this one, the photos don’t come close to the real thing, it’s GORGEOUS in person. I bet a lot of it is done by hand:

http://www.susyharper.co.uk/shop/4580170263/cpd-fleck/8894727

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

I agree, not the Coco. The school photo is much better looking pattern than the Coco.

Not exactly the brief but you could have a look at:

Burda 7145, it has the high collar but the inseam pockets are horizontal and it uses a knit(side bodice and sleeves) plus a woven (central bodice and skirt)

But could you adapt the Bistro? 😉 You could do seams down through the darts back and front. It would not be too hard, just remember to add in your seam allowances. You could make a yoke at the front by drawing a line across the pattern and cutting and adding seam allowances each side. The collar would be the most challenging. You would need to check how far down the neckline scooped and if you raised it at all that you could still fit your head through the space. Some careful measuring along the neck SEAM line would give you the length of the collar, then add seam allowances and decide how tall you want it to be. For the pockets copy the idea from the school photo but making them bigger to fit. For the sleeves copy the finish for the view you want but you may need to widen them slightly at the cuff end to get a similar effect. Doable but challenging and fiddly compared to a ready made pattern. I do hope that all made sense.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Simplicity 7432 does look close.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

That does make sense about the Bistro, and I think the pockets might be optional — my friend has a terrific figure and I bet she’d be willing to forgo the pockets for something a little more fitted. I have plenty of time to look, my to-sew list is pretty long before I get to fitted garments for adults (who are not me!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, that New Look one you pinned is even better, thank you!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I have that new look pattern in my ‘to make for me’ pile, I’d not even noticed the elements of similarity to the school photo! I might have to modify it too…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I know its sleeveless but it comes pretty close (the neckline might differ though

Grr the link isn’t working for some reason. Vogue 1329 just in case anyone was actually interested.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.