Oliver + S

Grid on digital pattern

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Betty @Betty

Pages 15 through 20 of the pattern pieces printed out fine for me with print instructions set at 100 percent to get 1″ squares. Beginning with page 21 (where the grid begins), the pattern grid does not print with 1″ squares with the printer set at the same setting. The squares on pages that have the grid are slightly smaller than 1″. Do you have a solution? I hesitate to print out pattern pieces with different settings.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hm, how odd. Can you check to see if there’s any box you can uncheck that says “scale to fit page” or something along those lines? I know my printer at home can be capricious.

LINK
    Betty @Betty

The “scale to fit page” box is unchecked. I tried two different printers with the same results.

LINK
    Noodles @Noodles

I had a similar problem recently and I found a strange quirk with my printer page. Once I had made changes to the scaling so that it said 100% etc, I needed to click into another box (such as the ‘no. of copies’ box) for the change in scale to take effect!!!! not sure why.. but this was in my ‘instruction book’ for printing.

Maybe give that a go???

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I would have to assume the issue is along the lines of what Noodles suggests. I can confirm from my end that the file is created to print correctly.

LINK
    Betty @Betty

I tried Noodles’ suggestion. It works! It’s odd, but it works! I do not understand why this is necessary only for the pages starting with the grid. However, I am happy now that I have a way to print all pattern pieces with a one-inch box. Thank you! I appreciate the availability of the forum and those who have posted here to help me over this stumblingblock.

LINK
    pippi @pippi

Just a note from my experience on this…. last year I printed a couple patterns at the same time (tea party, sailboat and puppet show i think) and they all printed fine with the default settings, except the puppet show. I didn’t notice it at the time, because it was a small difference (like maybe 7/8 inch), but since the others printed fine I didn’t bother measuring the squares and of course as I got ready to print it off again somehow I noticed something was off. I can’t remember what setting it was on, but I did have to change something that I hadn’t in the past. Then went back to measure my old pieced pattern and realized–sure enough– smaller than an inch. NO WONDER those shorts were so small. I feel like an IDIOT! I kept seeing pictures thinking, jeez, that size 5 looks like it fits and I could barely fit the finished size 5 over my 2 year old’s rump!

So, just a reminder to measure those squares to make sure the print settings were right. Especially on this one!! Glad that I can still get a year or two out of this pattern now that I have it printed right!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.