Site icon Oliver + S

Go To Bed!

This is super-duper off topic but since there are so many mother's here and I am desperate I thought I'd give it a try... P turned 5 on Monday and I can't tell you the last time she slept through the night (we're talking years). She wakes up anywhere from 1-3+ times at night. When she does, she comes to my room and wakes me up. Generally she runs back to her bed and climbs right in. Occasionally she will have an excuse, like she needs to use the bathroom. I know it is a habit she has formed but I don't know how to break it and I am at my wits end. I have tried positive rewards (stickers, treats, etc), didn't work. I have tried keeping her up during the day without a nap (and dealing with the consequences of an overtired kid that was awake half the night and really tired), didn't work. I have tried lavender and chamomile pillow spray, it didn't work. We keep the same bedtime routine every night, bath, stories, tuck in. Short of asking the pediatrician for some kiddo ambien, I don't know what else to do. I am exhausted and desperate, HELP! Jane
Exit mobile version