Oliver + S

Gathered sides for maternity?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just wondering how this pattern would fair with a gathered side alteration to accommodate a bump? Similar to the gathering on maternity t- shirts these days.

Or would it be better to go for a more triangular look?

Any thoughts?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

The sides are only held together by a button so there is probably a bit of give anyway. I would be tempted to do the triangle thing for coverage. I haven’t really used the cape, I muslined it for myself but found that it was rather unflattering 🙁 So my ideas are pure logic and speculation!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Heidi. When I had a good look at the pattern I figured that gathering would be the more difficult route to take. I did the triangular version instead. And it works out well.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Fantastic! That should be great for the cooler weather! Did you make it reversible?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

No I didn’t but it isn’t impossible. You’d just need to include the facing as your revere side as per the outer and then sew two buttons on back to back. I might make a reversible one for next year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.