Oliver + S

Forrest walk Woodland stroll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I love the look of Liesl’s new pattern! And I can make one for myself (once I’ve upsize it)!! I so need new jumpers (pullovers). And I’ve found what to do with a number of pieces of wool I picked up form the op shop a while ago. i am so excited!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Upsizing! Yes it seems to be the flavour of the month here too! I do love this though and I think I will be using it to jazz up the winter wardrobe when the weather gets cooler. It’ll be kind of fun to do a mum and daughter matching cape.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

There will be adult sizes Heidi,you won’t have to enlarge the children’s.

LINK

I will still need to enlarge the adults size Nicole! At the moment my hips are out of the size range. I’ll also end up adding a lot of length to it to accomodate my height, but that’s a normal adjustment for me. But it’s much easier to start from here than the kids sizes!

LINK
    DianaH158 @DianaH158

I love the look of it too! And I agree the mother/daughter combo will look really great!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh to be that tall Heidi.

That is the beauty of sewing,I am short and dumpy and cannot find anything in the shops.

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Heidi,

I think you might be surprised about the fit. I wear a standard women’s size 14 so I made the XL cape and found it to be plenty roomy. I probably could have made an L and still had a nice fit. I’m 5’4″ and the cape hits below my hip bone. I think it’s a very forgiving pattern (if you sew it together correctly but that’s a story for another day).

Jane

LINK
    Sarah_G @Sarah_G

Gorgeous pattern! Speaking of sizing, does the adult version have any extra ease around the bust? I’m a petite 30 inch hip and normally take in most patterns but here it looks like the size 12 with careful length adjustment might be a better starting point? Or am I just being a cheapskate wanting to start from the cheaper pattern!

LINK

Sarah, If I had a 30″ hip and was peitie I would probably be inclined to start from the smaller pattern (large child sizes), otherwise you may swim in it! since the adult pattern only starts at a 35″ hip and the finished measurements of the final garment is 39″ at the hip, that would be almost 10″ of ease!!

LINK
    Sarah_G @Sarah_G

Thanks Heidi – glad to hear it’s not a stupid idea, you are right the final dimensions seem way to large for my small frame! I think I’ll give it a go with a muslin from the kids pattern.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I am totally diving into this pattern tonight. Just this morning I was draping myself in a salvaged piece of large scale plaid wool that I’d set aside for something exactly like this. And then the patterns popped up. Serendipity! And just as I was typing now I overheard my daughter saying she was ready for bed, about 1 1/2 hours early. That NEVER happens. Can it really be?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

You know I can see the child’s version of this being the makings of a great “Sherlock Holmes” costume. But seriously I cannot wait for the cooler weather to come back so I can make this.

LINK

instead of waiting for the cooler weather, how about one in light cotton for a cover-up to go over a tank top or something to protect your shoulders from the sun if you have to go outside!

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Oh, you Aussies and your talk of cooler weather while some of us are freezing in winter.

I just happen to have a piece of wool I bought in Ireland years and years ago. It was mostly just to pet and admire, but now I might have enough to sew something. Just goes to show, buying fabric just to hoard it is never wrong.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Maggie, we are craving for some cooler weather because it is a very hot and going to long summer! I would love to see snow again because of it! All this talk of wool pieces is making me itch to get onto this new pattern but I can’t as the list is way too long already so it will have to wait until at least April when the rain hits. I wonder how this would look as a rain coat cape?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.