Oliver + S

Fold-over and Encase?? Hurry!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    mountainmel @mountainmel

HELP!! I’m trying to finish these pajamas for Christmas, and I’m stuck on the kimono top.

Step 2 on Kimono top says to encase the raw edge, and fold/press the front edge twice to the wrong side – first 1/2″, then a second 1/2″. I understand the concept, but that will roll it one whole inch, and that reall “eats up” the special cut corners (if that makes sense).

I’ve tried to call oliver+s to ask, but they don’t answer.

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE can someone help me?

Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m sorry we weren’t able to answer the phone today–we’ve been out at a meeting and only just returned to check voicemail and catch up on work. But this forum is a better place for getting help on patterns, so you’ve found your way to the right place.

Based on your message, I’m assuming you’re on page 2 under the heading “Finish the Front Edges and Sew the Shoulder Seams”, step 2? If so, the cut corners at the top edge can act as a folding guide. Once you’ve folded twice, the top edge will be a smooth angle as the illustration below the step shows. If your edge isn’t smooth once you’ve folded it, you could trim the excess fabric to get the smooth edge. (Sometimes different thicknesses of fabric or a slight variation in cutting will mean the edges don’t match perfectly, but the pattern is forgiving, so don’t obsess over this detail.)

I hope that helps!

LINK
    mountainmel @mountainmel

Thanks. I’ll work on it after the baby goes to bed, and return to the forum if I have troubles. :o)

LINK
    mountainmel @mountainmel

Umm…duh. I was trying to fold the part that I’d just staystitched! Good thing I quit before I began! :o) Thanks for the help…I just needed to look at it with fresh eyes. I’m sure I’ll have other troubles, though! I’m not very good at this! :o)

Thanks again!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We’re always here at the forums for you. Take it one step at a time and I think you’ll be surprised at what you accomplished when you’re finished!

Cheers,

Liesl

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Mountainmel, how are the PJs coming? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I’m finishing S’s new Christmas pair tomorrow, so I’ll be thinking of you. Making two pair of pants this time, because accidents happen (and I don’t mean sewing accidents)…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.