Oliver + S

Fleece Nature Walk pullover–still use interfacing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I’m planning a Nature Walk for my little guy out of fleece. Do I still need to use interfacing on the facings/collar? I recollect reading that fleece shouldn’t be ironed…

Tips please!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Not a huge polar fleece fan, it is not cold enough here, but I do use cotton un-brushed fleece a lot.
    I do interface as per usual but as this will make one side more rigid then the other, I will use a thin strip of interfacing to stabilise the seam area of the other piece of fabric.

LINK
    Stacibennett @Stacibennett

I haven’t made this pattern, but I have made a few fleece things over the years and just made my stepson some fleece pants. I interfaced the pocket area (zipper pockets), using an interfacing intended for knits, with some stretch. I use a wet press cloth and haven’t had a problem with the fleece.
    Long ago I made a fleece jacket and the buttonholes were difficult because I hadn’t interfaced. One of my first sewing projects ever was a fleece robe (big 4 pattern) I interfaced the facings with a non-woven interfacing, as I didn’t know the difference at the time, and it gave it more stability, but eventually the interfacing disintegrated.

I would advise testing on a scrap. 🙂
    Good luck!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Thanks for the replies. I don’t have any knit interfacing, so unless I find some in the next week or so, I’ll give it a try without. I’m toying with the idea of colour blocking it with fleece and quilting cotton. Could be cute!

LINK
    EmilyG @EmilyG

I have made it out if micro fleece without interfacing and didn’t like the way the collar fell. Most recently, I used an interfaced woven for the placket, under collar and pocket facing. I used a polar fleece for the main pullover. I was happy with the results. And it was so much less bulk to sew.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

EmilyG, that sounds like the look I want. I will try that and report back!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I used a micro fleece and didn’t interface. I thought the collar looked fine on my daughter – the comfy, outdoor walk pullover look that I was going for.
    Nature Walk Butterfly

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by sayiamyou.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.