Oliver + S

Fit point for starting size

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hello:

This is my perennial question. It actually paralyzes me and so I never make anything for me.

For a dress with a fitted top and an a line or wider (ie non fitted bottom) I use my high bust measurement to determine size and do the FBA and other adjustments, so neck and shoulders fit properly and work my way down the body. I am petite and “narrow” compared to regular sized women, but still rather curvy and “voluptuous.” 😉

For a sheath like this, what is the fit point that I should use to determine which size? Is it hips or still high bust measurement? Because it isn’t super fitted through the waist, I am guessing that the waist isn’t it. This will definitely be a muslin for me, and one I get the perfect fit, this will be a go to.

Suggestions. (Oh and I am so asking for fit for real people for Christmas. AGAIN!)

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi Jenny. I made this one and found it fit really well. I used my high bust measurement (16) added 1 1/4″ FBA and hips (20). The muslin fit pretty darn good right from the start. I graded between the 2 sizes. The waist darts and neck darts are brilliant. I have yet to make this out of fashion fabric, but I can see making many versions of this dress.

This might be your go to court dress.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, you have no idea. Thank you Robin for the tips!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh Robin, girl. I love you! Thanks. I can definitely do that.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, Robin is right. Go with high bust on this one. And the shoulders may seem a little wide, but you’ll need the width in order to move your arms. (Which you’ll be wanting to do in court, Jenny!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Robin.

Jenny, wovens with a stretch element are a curvy gals friend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.