Oliver + S

finishing skirt/bodice plackets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    rachel @rachel

i just finished the bubble dress for my daughter. i LOVE it!!! it is so beautiful and it came together quickly and easily… except for one area. i was confused on how to finish the plackets on the skirt. i understand that you start and stop your stitches at the stars. but what do you do with the unfinished edges at the top corners of the skirt plackets? also, how do you connect the finished bodice plackets to the skirt? if anyone could help me i would most appreciate it! i already want to sew another one!

thanks so much!

rachel

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I took photographs of how I finished the last one I made: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12011496@N00/sets/72157623834348566/

LINK
    rachel @rachel

awesome! this is great! thank you so much!

LINK
    LisaMM @LisaMM

If you’re still on the forums April1930’s thank you so much for your tutorial link. I had made 2 bubble dresses and could not quite get the plackets looking great. Until I started my 3rd dress and found your tutorial, my 3rd bubble dress is almost perfect. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.