Site icon Oliver + S

final skirt too small

this is my first time using a bought pattern for clothes, though over the last 2 years i have sewn countless skirts, dresses and tops from self drafted patterns for my niece using her measurements. i made the sunday brunch skirt for my niece, she just turned three but her waist is 18 1/2" (I measured her waist with just her underwear at least 3 times before i started and twice after i tried it on her.) so i lengthened the 6-12m size, according to the sizing guide 6-12m is for waist 19 1/2". but once i finished sewing it the waist of the skirt is only 18". i don't know if there is anything i missed.

when I printed the pattern pages the test box was exactly 1" in both directions.

I cut it with a rotary cutter to get straight accurate edges.

I sewed with a perfect 1/2" seam using the guide on my machine and then measured the sewn seam allowances to double check.

I followed all the instructions step by step as i sewed.

I'm going to take out and resew the two side seams with a 1/4" seam to give me an extra inch and might put in an invisible zip, which should be a perfect fit but am now worried about making it in any other sizes and buying any of the other patterns as i can't figure out where i went wrong.

Exit mobile version