Oliver + S

Fighting spam

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do you have an option to set a minimum time between posts/maximum post frequency? If you set it to 5 minutes that ought to slow queyue down.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yay for Hugo,he sat down and deleted them all for me!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

Sometimes when I post, though, I make more than one post at a time.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I shouldn’t worry Jennifer.

What went on today was extraordinary,definitely not a common occurrence.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I didn’t see it. I have seen really weird spam on this forum, though. It seems like a violation. It makes me opposed to what ever subject the spam is promoting.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I’ve upped the post throttling time limit slightly. It should slow down some of the rapid fire copy-paste spamming without having too much of an impact on real users who want to post more frequently. I’m also starting to look into some more automated ways of catching real-user generated spam. We’re currently keeping automated bots from posting spam, but we’re seeing an increase in the number of real users registering for the site and posting spam. Addressing that is a different issue, but we’re going to see what we can do.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Goodness! I cleared out an insane amount of spam all at once last night as well. And in case one didn’t know—-if you click on their ISP number it will bring you to a page with all of their posts and you can delete them all at once (I figured it out after.individually deleting like 15 posts! Eeks!)

Maybe it would be a good idea to add something that we can report those spam ISP to you and block them.

I know its.not.called IsP I just can’t think of the name—every computer has one and.it.shows up on each of our posts and generally is the same unless we post from different machines.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

IP! !! Not ISP.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I’ve just added a new spam protection feature to the site. Moderators now have the ability to click a “Spam” button on any post that appears to be spam. Please use this for now instead of deleting the spam post.

I’m not sure how much spam will be filtered out before it gets posted, but we’ll give this a try and see if it helps at all.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thank you all for your help with this!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Hey moderators (and others), I’m looking for some feedback. How has the level of spam been in the last two weeks? Have you seen a notable drop off as a result of the changes we made recently?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes,as far as the Night Shift is concerned(he he)its been a lot better!

~Nicole~ Prada Sunglasses

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Same here. It’s been fairly quiet. *knock on wood*

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

(Sounds of cheers and rapturous applause) Well done moderators for keeping the gucci shoes and prada handbags at bay. Nothing sinister to report and all is well.

Tamara

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.