Oliver + S

Field Trip top as a rash vest

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m thinking ahead to our summer and the time where we all hit the beach and pool in droves. My son has well and truly grown out of his swimming gear from last year and I have been wanting to make him some for a while now.

Seeing this t-shirt has got me thinking, what if I use it to make a rash vest (long sleeved to protect the skin from sun burn in our intense heat).

What do you think? Would it work?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Absolutely, perfect rashy.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I think it would work nicely for this. I’ll have to make one for Caspian for next summer!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Glad that’s a nod!

Ok, what about making the pants into board shorts then? I saw some advertised on a children’s clothing website but I think paying $35 for half a swimsuit is daylight robbery. I’d rather make my own for less than that amount AND colour block it like their’s.

What do you think?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I don’t see why not,size down for the top as they tend to grow when wet.

Boardies would be great,if your lad is at the chunky hip stage a velcro fly might make dressing easier?

I make rash vests and swim pants but I have not attempted swimmers like the Awesome Cindy.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Nicole

All I have to do now is order some fabric and away we go! Swimmers are next on the list and Cindy does have some fabulous ideas to get me going on that.

Tamara

LINK
    Ohhowsweet @Ohhowsweet

Nicole, you read my mind!! I was thinking of doing the same thing for my little one who will be 2 years old next summer. I try to keep her pale skin pale, and I think this would certainly give great coverage.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It was Tamara’s idea to use this pattern,and its a great one,the raglan sleeves would ensure a good fit.

LINK
    Ohhowsweet @Ohhowsweet

haha! You’re right! I think when I read this post the first time I saw that you had just RESPONDED, not originally written! LOL So sorry Tamara!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hehe! No worries at all! I think we all see Nicole as our Guru of sorts around here. Glad you like the idea anyway and I can’t wait to see your version.

Tamara

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.