Oliver + S

Fat Quarter Kids' Projects?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I bought a quarter-yard of (pretty atrocious) Helly Kitty/mushroom/ladybug fabric from Japan at the request of my DD. I thought I was getting a “regular” quarter and planned to just make a Lazy Days Skirt with it, but of course I didn’t read closely and it’s a fat quarter, which makes it not long enough on any side to get around her waist.

Any suggestions for what I can do with it? She has so many totes and purses, etc. already.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hem it and make a neck scarf?(bandana)

LINK
    suse @suse

Have you got a matching plain fabric that you could do a strip skirt? It would be a bit more work, but it could look really cool!

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

suse said exactly what I was going to suggest. I don’t know what size you are going to need, but if it’s a small size, you could even consider doing a spiral skirt, again, using the different fabrics.

Have fun!

Carol

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Thanks guys! The bandana idea got me thinking that I could make a little headscarf with elastic for the beach/pool.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.