Oliver + S

Fairy Tale Easter dress, how many yards is the skirt?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Long story short I ordered a smocking kit from Martha Pullen for my daughter for an Easter dress but after no money was taken out of the back I called and came to find out that their computers had a glitch and I will not be getting the kit and they are sold out. gggrrrr. I should have know that they would mess any order I made! They always do.

Now after panicing I have thought I will be using the fairy tale dress pattern in the white with pink piping and make the bullion roses on the color of the dress and add lace trim to the skirt. I don’t think Sweet pea would never notice as long as it has the roses and and same trim on the dress.

What I am wanting to know is how many yards of trim do I need to order for the dress skirt for a size 3/4? I need to get this order today so I have everything here on hand before Easter. Thank you ladies!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Super quick answer Sharon.

The skirt panels are not as wide as the width of the fabric so if you got 2.5 m that would be plenty.

LINK

Thanks! I hope to have the pattern and fabric in very soon a s I had to order everything. I was so upset to have to order the Fairy tale. ; )

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh what an awful mishap! The dress will still come off well though so don’t panic. I am really surprised they didn’t state in the magazine how much of the notions to purchase for each size. Of course the Pascale bodice was the bodice and skirt in one so it would have been way more than the width of the Fairy tale skirt. Never mind, you may come out the winner after all is said and done because you wont have nearly as much fabric to work with as if you had the kit – so a bit of a saving me thinks!

LINK

That makes me feel better Tamara. : ) This whole week has been stinky. (Is it Friday yet??) I have has the worst luck ordering for Martha Pullen so I will give them a call when I go to order the lace first thing in the morning. Wish me luck on this order!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hopefully they will come through for you. I’m wondering if somewhere like Farmhouse fabrics would have the same should they not have it. Sometimes in the haste of the publishing of a magazine issue, the timing of stock doesn’t correspond well. It shouldn’t happen that often but when it does, it can be an awful pain in the backside for all concerned. It just goes to show that this dress was also a popular one and I am so not surprised by that – its gorgeous!

On the other hand though, it is a saving grace to know that you can adapt the hiccup by using another pattern to get pretty much the same dress. Phew! Thank goodness for ingenuity huh?!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh, I know you were looking forward to that dress! It’s very lovely too. But those Martha Pullen kits are fairly pricey, so at least you’ll save a little on the Easter dress. Good excuse for more fabric?

I made a 2T skirt at Christmas our of one width of Liberty, so that’s what 56″? The skirt for my size 8 dress fit in one piece of 60″ wide organdy. So 2 yards to trim the bottom is plenty.

What will you make it out of?

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Oh what a shame, MK; so frustrating for you after all that getting SP onside. Lots of sympathy from me. However, I’m sure you will do a brilliant job of the substitute, and 3 yr olds aren’t that cluey about the sewing/decoration details that we focus on. Good luck – will be really watching out the photo of the finished product!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.