Oliver + S

Fabric requirements for the Class Picnic Blouse + Shorts sewing pattern

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

To help you with your pre-release fabric shopping, here are the fabric requirements for the new Class Picnic Blouse + Shorts sewing pattern.

A more formal introduction to the pattern will be made on the blog next Monday.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh, thanks so much for putting these up! Off to plan…

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Wovens! I thought for sure one or both of these views would be just for knits — very intriguing.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m guessing you could make that top work in knit.

LINK
    icicle @icicle

🙂 I’m not complaining — cute wovens are so much easier to find than cute good quality knits.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Yes, unfortunately for my wallet, they are!

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Today I scored some Lisette poplin to make the top for $5!

LINK
    vallery @vallery

I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to use corduroy to make the Class Picnic Blouse. I am planning to make the blouse dress length.

Thank you.

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Pinwale corduroy would be a cosy choice for this pattern with perhaps a voile or lawn for the yoke lining and bias at the shoulder (cuts down a bit on bulk).
    Hope this helps.

LINK
    Lisa @ldk237

I have made it in pinwale corduroy with quilting cotton for yoke/bias and it worked beautifully. I used French seams as well which look nice and prevent the corduroy from fraying. So happy to see this pattern in larger sizes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.