Site icon Oliver + S

Fabric Requirement Suggestions

Hello ladies! I thought I'd share some info in case you're ordering fabrics online.

I am making the 2T Sandbox pants for my daughter right now and I am able to get away with 1/2 yd of 58-60" cloth. That includes me also cutting out the waistband in my main fabric. I used less than 1/2 yd of a scrap for my coordinating pieces (including the waistband again, since I've used the coordinating fabric on the inside). I didn't add length to these pants, but there was room to add about 2 inches if necessary.

I am also making the 2T Hopscotch tops to go with these pants. For these I am also able to use just 1/2 yd of the City Weekend knit (I always wash/dry twice). I bought 1 yd of the dots and have (so far) gotten 1 complete Hopscotch top, 1 dress neck binding, and 3 coordinating pieces for another top from it. There's still more! I joked last night that it will never end! I'm contemplating putting together a scarf for my Niblet now. :)

If anyone else has fabric suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I would (most times) much rather purchase just what's necessary.

Exit mobile version