Site icon Oliver + S

Fabric questions re Liberty, HR and Kokka

I have a few questions re a few fabrics that I own or would like to own :)

I bought some Liberty cotton on a whim and now I'm not really sure what it is. It feels odd to me - very smooth and tightly woven.. almost silky. I was under the impression that lawn would be more airy. Is there a chance that mine isn't the popular Tana Lawn and is something else? It doesn't smell like silk and was marked as cotton but I don't know how to tell for sure. I've been searching on the internet and the closest I can find is this: http://www.calicoandivy.com/product523/detail/ - same design but mine has purple and pink flowers.

I'd love to know what this is, if it can go in the washer and dryer and what it's like to sew with. Anyone know much about Liberty?

Now Heather Ross... I love the look and reviews of the double gauze but, wow, the prices. I think the unicorn was over $20/yd on Etsy. Is the HR double gauze normally expensive at retail or are the popular designs marked-up since it's scarce? I wasn't sewing when the last designs were released and just read that new designs are planned for the spring - yah!

Finally, some of my current favorites are by Kokka Trefle. Anyone know what the "Trefle" means? Is it the designer, a collection or something else? I think I've been bitten by the Japanese fabric bug and I'd love to learn if more Trefle will be released :)

(those are some of my spurges - most of my fabric comes from Ikea)

Thanks for helping!

Exit mobile version