Oliver + S

Fabric for men's tee?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I want to make my husband a metro tee but I am unsure what fabric to use. I am a cotton/lycra jersey loyalist when it comes to myself and the kids, but none of my husband’s tees are made with a lycra blend. I am not necessarily looking for that beefy, non-stretchy jersey that many men’s tees are made of. And I guess recovery isn’t that important for a man’s shirt. Anyway … what have you used and where did you buy it?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m partial to Kaufman’s Laguna jersey. It’s 100% cotton, not too thick and not too thin, and it comes in a nice range of colors. The heather grays are particularly nice.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I can’t make my husband t-shirts, he will not allow it. If he did, and what I use for ds, cotton interlock, from Nature’s Fabrics.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Rather comprehensive article on choosing fabric for men’s t-shirts.
    http://threadtheory.ca/blogs/sew-alongs/53931909-strathcona-tee-sew-along-how-to-choose-mens-t-shirt-fabric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.