Oliver + S

Fabric choice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Tassiemum @Tassiemum

I was wondering if it was possible to make the classic shirt from tencil or would it be too heavy?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Like other fibers, Tencel comes in a lot of different weights, so it’s difficult to say without seeing the fabric itself. If it feels heavier than a typical heavy shirt fabric it might be too much. But you can certainly make shirts from canvas and flannel, so you’ll probably have to make a judgement call on this one. Maybe look at other shirts and compare the fabric to help you decide?

LINK
    Tassiemum @Tassiemum

Thankyou. I bought some yesterday that I don’t think will be too heavy. It has a lovely drape. I am going to make a couple of shirts out of lighter fabric first before I attempt this as the fabric was quite expensive.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

That’s always a good idea! I have some double gauze that I just can’t quite bring myself to cut into yet. It was expensive and I love it so much, I want to be absolute positive that I’m ready to use it.

LINK
    Megan @meganclare

Would the classic shirt pattern be appropriate for silk fabrics?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sure!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.