Oliver + S

exposed seam finish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    rebekahricker @rebekahricker

Step 2 of the lining and facings says to finish the edge of the facing below the notch, as it will show. I’ve been looking through the flickr photos to get an idea of which method I would like best, but I’m not seeing an exposed seam finish on any coats/jackets. Are people doing it differently than the instructions?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I know exactly the step you’re referring to, and I haven’t had any exposed seams in either of the coats I’ve made my daughter. I have finished the seams using the double overlock stitch on my machine but have neither time had seams left visible. My advice is to finish the seams using your preferred method, follow the instructions as written and see what happens. Perhaps I’m doing something incorrectly not to have the exposed seams? I have wondered this. I’ll be interested to hear what your experience is.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I think there’s something like this in the latest PJ pattern, too? The shoulder seams? I thought it was just for insurance, in case they are seen while moving, more so than because it’s actually a seam with allowances on the outside?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.