Oliver + S

Correct dress photo?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    joslyn @joslyn

Hi
    I am loving your book! I am in the planning stages of my daughters Christmas dress and I am looking at page 89- flared skirt with princess seams. I think the photograph that is included is the wrong one. In my book it is the blue dress with a navy polka dot yoke and ruffled cap sleeves. Can you tell me which picture is supposed to go there?
    Thanks

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

That’s the right photo, @joslyn. You can see the full worksheet for the dress on page 20, including a sketch of the skirt on that particular dress–it’s added to an empire waist in this instance.

LINK
    joslyn @joslyn

I see it now – thank you!!!

I am making my 6 year old a dress with a dropped waist, long puffed sleeves and a flared a-line skirt. Your instructions for the pattern modifications are so clear and easy to follow. I am going to fully line it and add an invisible zipper. The top is black silk and the bottom darkish red stretchy velvet. I am going to try and add an extra layer of skirt lining with an attached white organza ruffle and also add a white ribbon (I think around the plain neck line and/ or the bottom of the skirt).

My daughter is going to be thrilled! Thank you so much for writing this book. It has opened up a whole new world to me 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.