Oliver + S

Errata for errata

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Just received my sketchbook shirt pattern and noticed on the little errata insert it says that the front of the shorts is missing seam allowances but the piece pictured is the back….very glad it was the back, almost had a panic attack when I thought i would have to freehand and fly and placement! Katja

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Yes, sorry about that. A few of the very first errata slips stuffed into envelopes contained a misprint. The errata is indeed on the shorts back piece.

You can see the correct wording on the website errata page:

http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS018SK.html

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I found a mistake on my pattern in the larger size range- on piece #1, the size markings are reversed on one side of the pattern. It should go from size 5 on the side closest to the fold to size 12 on the line furthest from the fold.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Johanna, thanks for reporting that. We’ll get an errata posted on the website.

LINK
    Janell @Janell

I just started tracing my pattern and came across this error. Alas, my pattern copy is missing an errata, and I just can’t quite read the sizes listed on the piece 4 shoulder. Is the 18-24 months the double-dot-dash line (labeled “2T” on the shoulder) or the dash-dash line (labeled “18-24 months)?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Hi Janell, I have only made the shorts from this pattern (because I only have a little girl) so I don’t really have any advice about the shirt pattern pieces. However, the patterns don’t come with erratas. Those are listed on the website with the respective patterns. Hope that’s helpful.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Janell, if you go to the link for the pattern, here: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS018SK.html and click on the errata link, there is a picture of the shoulder, is that what you are asking about? You can see the line in that link. I hope that’s helpful.

Carol

LINK
    Janell @Janell

Carol,

Thanks for the response. I did find the link and image, but my computer resolution is too coarse for me to read the size labels :

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

I’m sorry, Janell, I thought it was easy to ready, but now that I look closely, it is a bit hard to read. 😉

Not seeing your pattern piece, I am going to guess that your pattern piece is labeled at the bottom of that yolk piece, is that correct? Look at the bottom of the yolk piece, last line at the bottom, that is a solid line. That is size 4. Now if you follow that line, up to the top of the yolk, you will see that solid line as the lower or most inside line for the shoulder. At the shoulder of the yolk piece, the inside or solid line is size 4. From there going to the outside of the top yolk piece, you have the 6-12 month size…this is the dot dash line. Another way to state this would be, at the top of the yolk, the outer line is the size 6-12 months, when you get to the lower portion of the yolk piece, it’s opposite. Carefully follow the lines from top to bottom.

I hope that was bit more helpful. 😉

Carol

LINK
    Janell @Janell

Thank you!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Just wanted to double check before I start cutting my fabric — the errata says:

“For sizes 6-12M, 12-18M, and 18-24M, pieces #13, #14 and #15 are missing seam allowances.”

That’s the pocket, pocket lining, and shorts back. But not the shorts front? Because when I lay one on top of the other the shorts front now looks smaller by half an inch all around. That’s correct?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thats correct(from memory)

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.