Oliver + S

Enlarging the Nature Walk pants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have made up a pair of pants in size 12 for Son&Heir and unfortunately they were a little ”squeezy” around the old lunch box .

I have very easily altered the pattern and I am in the process of making another pair.

They are fabulous to make and look very smart on!

Has anyone made the Nature Walk top in size 12 yet ? Is it a roomy fit?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Haha, “the old lunch box” made me laugh out loud.

I’m working on the 2T top now (not that that helps you right now) and it does look like it’ll be roomy on the Niblet. Will let you know…

LINK
    ncllnn @ncllnn

I finished a couple days ago and now know what squeezy around the old lunch box meant.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just whipped up a pair for my 8 year old daughter in a size 12 and yes they were a bit snug – and short! Mind you the girl has grown about 2.5 inches in a year so everything is getting to the point of short. Don’t know about the top as hasn’t tackled that yet.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I totally failed when making these into snow pants (fleece inside, and ripstop nylon on the outside) in sz 7… my husband said,”He’s a rock star, skintight shiny pants that show everything!” Ooops. except not cool because he couldn’t really wear anything warm underneath them. He used them anyway to go sledding today, so it’s not a complete loss…?

I’m definitely going to add to the rise when I make these again though, nothing like back cleavage/plumber’s crack on a little kid.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The fabric needs to have stretch in it to be successful. I used some fabric with the top and whilst it looked good it was really difficult to get on and consequently they weren’t worn. I will try again once the weather start cooling down again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.