Oliver + S

Enlarging the Explorer Vest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi

Has anyone enlarged the Explorer Vest?

I have a request from a boy who would like one (his younger brother and best friend both have ones I have made them). But when I tried the largest size on him it to small and pulls across his back/shoulders/arms and could do with some length for growth room. not sure if i need to enlarge the arm holes or just adding to the width of the back will alieviate there pulling.

I am also a little nervous about the pocket placement when I enlarge it and if I should also enlarge the pockets to keep it proportional.

Any advice?

Thanks

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not made this dear little vest yet but the usual method would be to measure the child to see how much ease you would need to add and then cut a tracing into quarters and move the pieces out evenly until you have achieved the required amount and then re-draft.

Liesl has some good diagrams on her blog http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2010/02/lengthening-and-shortening-a-pattern.html

I am sorry not to be more help.

Nicole

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.