Oliver + S

Disney costumes for almost 3 year old?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

We’ll be going to Disneyland to celebrate my husband’s birthday in October. I thought it would be fun to make some costumes for my son (and daughters, too, if they want, but they’re pretty much aged out of O+S), so he could really feel the Disney magic.

Any tips on what patterns I could hack to make some costumes? Costume ideas?

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

The sailboat pants make cute Mickey mouse pants. How old are the girls?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The Fairytale would make lovely princess dresses for the older girls.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

My older girls are 11 and 15. My teen wears adult sizes; my 11 year old can wear some O+S –I’ve made her pj pants with the Sleepove pjs.

Sailboat! That’s one I don’t have – I was scared of the buttonholes, but I have conquered them on my machine, so I should try it.

Any ideas for how to do a prince charming type costume?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

How about the Art Museum trousers, with a shiny stripe down the side, and an oversized Sketchbook shirt with the stand collar option and lots of length added, then add on the bits of gold trim. In the right fabric it might read like a coat?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/07/53/4d/07534de9c54cbe6c9fb0d41eb8b89e76.jpg

Just an idea, afraid I have very little experience in this area.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I wouldn’t even use the buttonholes…I’d just sew the buttons straight through.

Is 11 too old for the seashore sundress? This is what I made for disney. It has been passed on to another little disney fan now. She wears it with a white blouse underneath and it is really sweet.

Seashore Minne Dress - sz 6
    Minnie Dress

I also made some picnic shorts with the leftover dots and bought her a cute vintage looking Disney shirt to wear with them.

LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

We are going in September to disney world! I don’t have tons of ideas for boys. I like the sailboat pattern for Mickey and you can make tons of disney shirts with the school bus. Or you could do a gaston costume out of the parachute polo pattern. The main part in red with a yellow collar and black pants (art museum maybe) any black pants really and boats. That would be fun!! For my little 3 year old girl, I’m making a Pocahontas dress out of the hide and seek pattern!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, perfect pattern and costume combo!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Peter Pan, Green
    Collared tshirt with ragged hem, use new parachute Polo or Nature Walk top
    Sunny Days Shorts (or other shorts) or playtime leggings in matching fabric.

Neverland Pirate Jake
    White shirt, School bus, Field Trip raglan
    Blue Vest with Gold Edging,
    Art Museum Vest or explorer Vest
    or maybe a hack of the sketchbook shirt or nature walk pullover
    here
    This tutorial looked good starting with a tshirt, http://www.alannageorge.com/2013/10/23/jake-never-land-pirates-costume/
    Navy shorts/jeans
    sunny days Shorts
    Strip of red fabric for bandana

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Aladin
    Purple Vest- Art Museum or Explorer
    White Baggy shorts/pants with yellow patch
    Sunny days

Woody
    Cow Vest -art museum or Explorer
    Yellow or yellow and red button down shirt
    sketchbook shirt
    But parachute Polo would also give the collar and might be preferred as it’s knit fabric. short sleeves might also be better for summer 🙂
    Jeans/denim shorts
    Red bandana
    Hat (only if they will wear it! )

Winnie-the-Pooh
    Red Collared shirt – parachute Polo minus the buttons
    Yellow/mustard shorts

It looks like you could make most of these with just the parachute Polo, Art Museum or LTTS and Sunny Days Shorts if you wanted. He may also already have some of these things in his wardrobe.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Awesome! These are great ideas!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

My daughter is currently obsessed with Sleeping Beauty, so for her 3rd birthday this summer I’m thinking of sewing a princess dress for her. Any ideas on which patterns/alterations/hacks I could use? For the pink dress. I googled patterns but the only one I found is out of print and copies on eBay run $25-40. Plus I’d rather work with a pattern that has the o+s quality of instruction ;). Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

It’s not the most accurate approach to a Sleeping Beauty dress, but I made my youngest daughter one for Christmas when she was 2.5. I used a peasant dress pattern (indietutes, I think), and just eyeballed the pieces for the skirt overlay, and then draped the ruff in tulle. You can see bad photos here and here.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

@roundtheworldgirl thanks! That looks doable and gives me food for thought.

Also meant to ask above, has anyone modified the Fairy Tale dress to have a basque waist? Since it’s the first pattern I thought of and all the Disney princesses have that pointed waistline 😉

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Could you make a pointed tie on sash?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.