Oliver + S

Digital vs paper? How about a combo?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Although, having spent most of the day trying to get the brain trust at Office Depot to print the pattern sheet (and failed) I realize that the down side to this is that a person who does not understand what a PDF is stands between you and the copier.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh dear! I am too far away for anyone to print it for me so have to print the 54 pages or however big the patterns are. All the more fun (when you have the time) to sit and cut and stick them together.

There is a flip side to everything it seems. Maybe somewhere else Sarvi?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

At the other nearby shop a spotty-faced infant just kept repeating blankly that the maximum print size was 36×24. I pointed out that the paper was on a roll. 36×24. But look, I’m holding right here in my hand a print that is 36×48, so surely… 36×24. I felt like I was in Shaun of the Dead.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Logged in just to ask if you hit him with a spade?

My second shovel ‘joke of the day’……

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hehe, I should have!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I hate the storage aspect of the paper patterns, and now that Maria has outgrown 90% of my patterns and I’m about to have to purchase larger sizes of a pretty large stash, it’s daunting price wise. Enough so that PDF versions are kind of appealing to me…..but I love the paper patterns (and HATE taping the printables….though I’ll agree….they are well made!) Plus the instant gratification of printables!

I’m in a pickle y’all!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Chiming in with approval of the spin-off idea the option of printing out one size at a time, and an additional fee for the next size up at a later date… kids grow fast, and not evenly at all!

I don’t have a tablet or even an iPhone, but I could definitely see the advantages of having an pdf of the instructions for a paper pattern.

I print the instructions in booklet form (two pages side by side) and glue them together to save paper and space. I also reuse office paper for printing my digital patterns…

LINK
    sidewalkgoddess @sidewalkgoddess

I am seriously afraid of tracing. I had planned to make the music box jumper for Easter, and panicked, so I am making the tea party instead (my daughter wanted the tea party anyway)

I have decided I will just wait for digital versions lol. I like the puzzle aspect and not having to worry about transferring marks. But I can see where anyone (tracers or tapers) would love digital instructions! Technology is so amazing, and I appreciate how involved O+S is as a company, and how they care about their customers (and the community that has popped up as a result)

LINK
    sidewalkgoddess @sidewalkgoddess

Seriously though, maybe I am just too new to sewing to understand, but size at a time is making me anxious lol. My kids are odd sizes, and I like having the range all at once…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Bumped for a new member.

LINK
    housecall @housecall

I cut up my paper patterns around the largest size of each pattern piece and then trace with pattern ease paper. I used to leave the ‘big’ pattern sheet intact (like a collector item or something) 🙂 but it is a bear to handle and trace. Now that I cut each piece, I just grab the pattern pieces I need and trace them individually. So much easier, but I just won’t have any ‘mint condition’ patterns anymore. That’s okay with me, I buy them to sew again and again!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I used to do this, not so much now as I use them so many times they are falling apart! (5 girls)!

It works well though.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.